Hearing of Local body elections case continues in Supreme Court today. Supreme Court of Pakistan (SC) of the Local Election Day organs (Tuesday), in which Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said that the provincial government will not get their choice of date for the elections local bodies restore hearing, Geo News reported.
Three judges, including Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on the panel seized of the matter today. At the meeting today, CJ solve Advocate General Punjab and said that even if the military dictator Zia – Huck and Musharraf also held elections for local bodies.
He continued by saying that if the government is not interested in holding the polls, then they should make it public. The Court then ordered the local elections next week to keep the body. The hearing is ongoing.
- Local bodies elections will be hold on Sc orders after Moharram
- Supreme Court announced that elections will be conducted on time
- SC wants date of local bodies election from four federation & provinces
- No conduction of Local Bodies elections is violation of constitution: Chief Justice
- NRO implementation: NAB chairman appointment asked by CJ